In Fall of 2011, I decided to come up with 101 Things to do in 1001 days. Which is a whack of days. My life is different from that point and my 1,001 days expired. I’ve created a new list of things with some from the past list. The date I started this list was August 8th, 2016.
101 things can be really small things and some of them could be some larger things. Not 100% sure if I can get all of them done. But I promised myself I will try. Some things are for me and some are for my kids.
I will try and blog them all in progress and once they are completed.
Red is completed |
Green is being worked on & in-progress |
Orange has some sort of delay |
WORKING ON NOW | BELOW
1> In Progress: | Have my IMDb Watch-list get down to under 300 movies and have my rated movies end up being over 400. Update: My watch list is around 308 movies currently. (Blog Post)
3> About To Start | Planning Stage | Volunteer consistently over the period of this project for a good cause. I was working in a Men’s Shelter and I need to continue with that or move to another charity or better yet… do both. (Blog Post)
5> In Progress | Purchase and read one book per month for 6 months in a row. Start again if broken before 6 months is up. (Blog Post)
- Currently: Shoe Dog: A memoir by the creator of Nike, Phil Knight (Started Jan, 2019)
- Failed. I broke the cycle
- Book One: The Happiness Project by Gretchin Rubin (Started July 30th, 2016) | Completed
- Book Two: The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion (Started Aug 10th, 2016) | Completed
- Failed. I broke the cycle and I will start again.
- Book One: For Feb 2017: The Four Agreements: Don Miguel Ruiz
43> In Progress: Complete two years straight of my One Second Everyday Project. (Blog Post) Update: Took a break from July to October of 2016. Starting project again on Jan 1st, 2019
55> In Progress: Update my legacy project videos for the kids that they will get during different milestones within their lives if something should ever happen to me.
57> In Progress | Get down to 220 pounds. (Blog Post)
61> About To Start | Planning Stage | Get a second Tattoo. | (Currently designing another one)
74> In Progress | Be able to do 25 push-ups (Blog Post)
79> In Progress | Be able to jump and hang on a regulation height basketball rim with both hands. In Grade 12, I could jump with one step in desert boots and hang on. It feels so far away right now. (Blog Post)
81> Delayed | Give blood 2 times a month for 8 months in a row. (Blog Post)
88> In Progress | Hit 33 straight free throws. (Blog Post) | Update: As of 28Aug16 I’m at 11 in a row.
92> About To Start | Planning Stages | Design two logo’s for a hat and something for a t-shirt or hoody and make some for myself.
99> Planning Process | Hike 21km section of the Bruce Trail through Bruce Peninsula National Park w/the kids. (Blog Post)
ITEMS COMPLETED OR STILL TO COMPLETE BELOW:
- Winter Camping with my kids and stay in a Yurt at Silent Lake Provincial Park.
- Back-Country Camping Trip with a woman, canoe and a small tent.
- Install a “Before I Die” Wall somewhere in Peterborough or Ajax. (Blog Post)
- Delayed: Finish the photo-project Blog on jsdoit.ca that cover my entire life and family tree. I’m only about 40% completed and right now it’s turned off and private. When it’s done it will cover a summary of my entire life. Update: Laptop has all my old pictures inside so have to recover it and finish the project. (Blog Post)
- Redesign the “Lie With Me” Mixtape and the “All I Want” Series.
- Transfer all my Music CD’s Into the Laptop & delete crappy songs. Also sort all my music on iTunes (Currently my iTunes is corrupt on my laptop and my only music is what was synced to my iPod which is sappy music.) (Blog Post)
- Photography & Culture Weekend in NYC. Overnight Bus Trip/Flight & sleep all night to arrive in the Morning. (Alone or with friends) Note: Planning with my Nephew Ray-Dizzle (Blog Post)
- Quick trip to NYC where I leave Toronto in the evening and arrive in NYC in the morning and bring a small tent and a sleeping bag. Just sneak away by myself.
- Weekend in Chicago, IL in the summer to travel around the city.
- Break ground and order a trailer that my Tiny House will be built upon.
- Push my ex to sign an official separation agreement or take her to court for one.
- Get a new template for this blog.
- Spend a weekend in Toronto at The Thompson Hotel with a woman I want to kiss.
- Get my iPod screen fixed on my second iPod.
- Completed: Get Chantal an iPhone. (Completed May 2017)
- Find someone to fall in love with.
- Fall Camping Trip at Bon Echo Provincial Park with the kids.
- Take Noah out of school for the day and take him to a Blue Jay game with me. (Blog Post)
- Purchase a new Professional Camera Lens for my camera that would work well for low lighting
- Rent a houseboat from Egan Rentals for a weekend in the Kwaratha Lakes to have a blast with the kids and see if any of my buddies & their families want to do the same and we can caravan along the lakes together. Rent a Houseboat that has a slide from the roof to swim in the middle of the lake.
- Get old photos from my Dad and make my own photo album of our family growing up in a coffee table format. Make the book through www.blurb.com
- Go Camping with my kids to Killbear Provincial Park in Northern Ontario with Raymond.
- Attend the Canadian Rogers Tennis Tourney with a paid ticket in Toronto at York University.
- Visit KLand in California
- Completed: Purchase a Go Pro Camera. | Completed 31Dec16 (Blog Post)
- Attend a High School Basketball Game of my Old High School
- Recover data from my first external hard drive.
- Drive to Atlantic City, New Jersey in Shorts, T-Shirt and Flip Flops and my wallet and stay for the weekend. (Bring Nothing Else)
- Completed: Get my first Tattoo (BLOG POST) | Completed 01Jan17
- Take my kids to Canada’s Wonderland Halloween Haunt.
- Purchase a Canon Point & Shoot Camera to Snap good photos but more importantly video on the fly.
- Purchase $200 worth of Toys from Walmart and donate them to the Chum Christmas Wish at Christmas and involve my kids. Let them pick them out and deliver it with me.
- Teach my daughter how to take photographs with my old camera and then give it to her to keep and use.
- Get a bunch of High School Buddies and play Paintball outside at that paintball place north of Barrie.
- Go away White Water Rafting near Ottawa for the weekend.
- Attend a Buffalo Bills Football game in Buffalo in the Winter (Bus Trip Package from Union Station in Toronto that includes food and drinks during the tailgate party)
- Take my kids to a car race at Mosport Raceway in Bowmanville, ON for a weekend camping trip.
- Go Skinny dripping with a woman at night.
- Work with my kids and get them their own domain for email and help them set up a blog if they want one.
- Spend a weekend at Osheaga in Quebec with a women.
- Attend & see 5 Movies in the span of 5 days.
- Join Volleyball league.
- Take my kids to a Toronto FC Game.
- Buy myself a Long Board.
- Attend a tennis match a the Rogers Cup in Montreal.
- Jump off a bridge into water high enough that I’m a little freaked out to jump off.
- Purchase a new laptop.
- Watch a Toronto Blue Jays game outside of Toronto.
- Attend a Toronto Raptors Road game in Detroit with Elite Sports Tours.
- Get a credit card with a points/reward system that works for my life and get rid of the one I have now.
- Find a job in Durham/Toronto so I can move closer to my kids.
- Purchase a Turf Concert Weekend pass for Toronto at Fort York.
- Have the shell of my Tiny House competed so I can live inside while I finish it.
- Purchase a new vehicle and get rid of the car I have now sitting in Pickering.
- Attend Cask Days Festival in Toronto.
- Try inline skating for the first time.
- Ice Skating with a women at Cedarena in the winter.
- Attend a concert with Chantal.
- Join a Tennis Club & Beat Ali at 3 Sets in Tennis
- Watch the full series of “THE WIRE” which as a highly recommended HBO Series. (Blog Post)
- Catch up online with 50 peeps on FB that I have not been in contact with since the last time I’ve seen them personally or we connected on FB.
- Go Kayaking. I smile when I type this because of the private back-story about Kayaking.
- Completed: Purchase a parachute hammock for backpackers. | Completed March 26, 2018 (Blog Post)
- Completed | Try water skiing for the first time in my life | Completed July, 2016 (Blog Post)
- Go on a road-trip where you drive 5 hours north somewhere.
- Update my estate planning package & instructions for my executor.
- Hike Mt. Washington with Chantal.
- Have a candlelit dinner on the living room floor with someone.
- Give a 100% tip to someone what provides excellent service.
- Run my first 10k marathon.
- Pay for someone’s groceries.
- Take Nose out to dinner.
- Donate $10 to charity for every 101 thing I don’t complete in the 1001 days.
- Have a nerf gun war with the kids that can be called “epic” afterwards.
- Stay with someone using Couchsurfing.
- Spend an entire day without vision (be blind).
- Purchase another bottle of Theirry Mulger – Angel.
- Spend a weekend at the Breakers in Cobourg, ON
- Visit Mt. Tremblant in Quebec City in the Winter.
- Design some “merch” with my daughter of a motto we went to live by (hoodie, tshirts, caps and a mug)
- Go to an event that I have to wear a Tux
- Take my kids on vacation to Europe. (Blog Post) Update: Ex would not let me this year so we went to Nova Scotia to visit family instead in July 2016. Lisbon in the summer of 2017.
- Think of one for here
- Create my 4th list once this one is completed.
Side notes & things:
- 5 day hike the Coastal Trail, Pukaskwa National Park in Ontario
- Design and make “go fuck yourself” business cards
- Become a licensed basketball ref in Ontario.
- Perform a perfect flip off a diving board into a pool.
- Explore Healy Falls Crowe River Waterfalls with the kids
- CN Tower Edge Walk
- Treetop Trekking
- Kick Ass Spotify Profile