On Saturday, when I was picking up my kids… my Son brought out a wrapped gift with my name on it. He told me that his friend from school gave it to him for me. I was confused. I stood there and wondered how his friend would do this for me. Also… what was it? I opened it right away and could see it was a book. Again… I’m thinking… why would his friend give me a book?
I then noticed it was a cookbook and I could see the blue sticky that said #59/101 and it hit me. It was from Christine. Her Son is my Son’s mate at school and I had the opportunity to hang out with her last fall at the Pumpkin Patch. She noticed my list of 101 things to do in 1001 days and number #59 was to get a cookbook and make 10 things from it.
Challenge accepted. I have 10 things to make from this book.
So sweet of her to do this for me and to give me one of her fave cookbooks. I’m back up in PTBO and I’m looking through it and I’m going to pick out the 10 things. You seem like a “Pay It Forward” type of person.
Thanks so much Christine! Would be great to connect with you for a coffee and find out more about your business. I’m looking forward to the next school trip & hopefully we can be put in the same group.
Here is my 10 things I need to make:
– Sweet Corn Chowder (pg. 29) | Done March 12th | See Below
– Mexican Albondigas Soup (pg.58)
– Roasted Beet & Arugula Salad (pg.77)
– Flank Steak w/ Lemon Shallot Marinade (pg.112) with all the fixings on the side
– Spicy Chicken Lettuce Wraps (pg.151)
– Ziti w/ Ratatouille (pg.186)
– Farm Stand Spinach Cannelloni (pg.194)
– Sweet Pea Risotto w/ Prosciutto (pg.205)
– Spinach, Feta + Mushroom Quiche (pg.292)
– Summer Berry Crisp (pg.346)
#1 | Corn Chowder:
Update: This task was never completed and I feel bad. I still have the cookbook but one day when I get a kitchen of my own… and I pull this cookbook out of the box… I know I will finish this off. 🙂